… news, events, other tidbits.
Where to find me:
- Colonial Quills, contributor
- The Borrowed Book, former contributor
- A Novel Writing Site, former contributor
2021 dates of interest:
- December 1: Release of ELINOR: Book 1 of Daughters of the Lost Colony from Barbour Publishing!
- July 31: Mississippi River Reader’s Retreat, Little Falls, Minnesota … Early Bird discounts available! http://mississippiriverreadersretreat.com/
2020 dates of interest:
- October 15-18: Christian Fiction Scavenger Hunt
- September 1: Release of Love’s Pure Light novella collection, with Deborah Raney, Susanne Dietze, and Janine Roche!
- August 15: Mississippi River Reader’s Retreat, Little Falls, Minnesota [POSTPONED UNTIL 2021 BECAUSE OF COVID-19!]
- March 1: Release of The Blue Cloak, #5 in True Colors!
- January 16: Author interview, hosted by Lena Nelson Dooley
2019 dates of interest:
- December 27: Book signing at Plantation Coffee in Jamestown, North Dakota! Signing 5-7 PM; talk at 6 PM.
- December 1: Release of The Rebel Bride, #10 in Daughters of the Mayflower!
- December (date TBA): Interview and giveaway at Inspirational Historical Fiction
- October 4: Interview and giveaway at The Reading Daisy
2018 dates of interest:
- November 20: Interview with Kristena Mears–giveaway!
- October 31: Guest blog (the “story behind the story” of The Cumberland Bride) with Linda Brooks Davis–giveaway!
- October 26: Colonial Quills Tea party with Tamera Kraft, Naomi Musch, and myself–giveaways and lots of fun!
- October 22: Interview at Joy of Reading–giveaway!
- October 21: Guest blog at Among The Reads (kind of my writing testimony here)
- October 6: Character interview with Jemima Lytton Gruener at Stitches Thru Time
- October 4: Guest blog at Whispers In Purple
- October 1: Release of The Cumberland Bride, #5 in Daughters of the Mayflower
- August 15: Interview with Linda Brooks Davis
- June 5: Interview for Backcountry Brides on A Christian Writer’s World
- March 21: Interview at The Diamond Mine of Christian Fiction
- April 27-28: Wordsowers Christian Writers Conference in Omaha, Nebraska
- April-May: Blog tour with Backcountry Brides co-authors! Story highlights, author info, and lots of giveaways!
- May 1: Release of The Counterfeit Tory in The Backcountry Brides Collection (sequel to The Highwayman)
- May 4: Colonial Quills Tea Party! Giveaways and lots of fun!!
- October 1: Release of The Cumberland Bride, #5 in Barbour’s new Daughters of the Mayflower series
2017 dates of interest:
- May: The all-colonial Backcountry Brides Collection is offered a contract, featuring my novella, The Counterfeit Tory (sequel to The Highwayman)
- August: The Cumberland Bride is officially under contract as #5 of Daughters of the Mayflower
- October 14: Plot & Story Structure workshop, at Community Grounds in Columbia Heights, MN, 10 AM – 12 PM
2016 dates of interest:
- STAY TUNED!
2015 dates of interest:
- May: Release of The Most Eligible Bachelor Romance Collection, featuring my second novella, The Highwayman!
- May 4-8: Blog tour with a huge gift basket giveaway, starting right here!
- May 15: Colonial Quills Tea Party–more giveaways!
- Summer sabbatical due to family medical issues
- September: Re-release of The Pioneer Christmas Collection, featuring my first and RITA-nominated novella, Defending Truth
- October 16: Colonial Quills Tea Party on the CQ website and Facebook–lots of fun and giveaways!
2014 dates of interest:
- January: first major move in more than 20 years …
- March 26: received the call that Defending Truth was a finalist in the novella category of Romance Writers of America’s RITAⓇ contest … what an honor!
- July 23-27: RWA National in San Antonio, Texas
2013 dates of interest:
- August 19-31: Join us for The Twelve Days of Pioneer Christmas! Stay tuned to my blog for details!
- August 28: Author interview, hosted by Lena Nelson Dooley.
- August 30: Guest review of Defending Truth by Pioneer Christmas co-author Michelle Uhl, at Colonial Quills.
- September 1: Author interview at Carrie Fancett Pagel’s Overcoming With God.
- September 3: Revew of Defending Truth and other Pioneer Christmas novellas at Overcoming With God.
- September 6: Tea party celebrating my debut release at Colonial quills.
- September 12-16: American Christian Fiction Writers annual conference, Indianapolis, Indiana. Looking forward to connecting with old and new friends, and sharpening my focus on the writing craft!
- September 30: Interview at Colonial Quills.
- October 15: guest post at Seriously Write
- November 16: Why Not Quit? guest post at Novel Rocket
- December 10-11: Interview at Novel PASTimes, part one & part two
- January: our family moves to North Dakota!
Other things you may want to know:
Blame my mother. That’s the name she said she would have given me, if she’d had the nerve. I started using it in high school as a nickname (“Shannon-doah”), and years later when we got internet for the first time and everyone was worried about privacy issues, I used it as my online persona. My first amateur attempt at a website was “Shenandoah’s Eclectic Website.” It was natural to title my blog “Shenandoah’s Eclectic Musings,” which then became “Scribblings” when I shifted my focus to provide a place for readers to come find out more about me.
**Why the tag “barbarian queen”? [which I don’t use online anymore but maybe you’ll find this bit entertaining]
For years I’ve affectionately termed my family “the barbarian horde.” We have eight children, and we are a boisterous, intense, live-life-out-loud bunch–that is, when we aren’t curled up at our castle, recharging our introvert batteries.